Friday, September 2, 2016 9:02:00 PM
We had a very happy and productive beginning to the new school year these past three days.
Juniors, sophomores and freshmen will sit for school photos and school ids beginning September 6. Order forms will be distributed with students in English classes. Freshmen will take pictures Tuesday, September 6, 2016. Sophomores will take pictures Wednesday, September 7, 2016. Juniors will take pictures Thursday, September 8, 2016. Seniors will take pictures (for id purposes only) on Friday, September 9, 2016. Senior retakes for Senior Portraits will take place in October and November. This information was also sent by Naivance.
Our first WPTSO meeting of the year will be held on September 8 followed by Freshmen Parent Night. Both events will be held in the Library/Media Center beginning at 7pm. I request that all forms (health, lunch, internet policy) be returned to school by Tuesday, September 6. Forms can be left in the Main Office. Adults will remain in cafeteria September 6-9th to give students their lunch numbers. Please be advised a new lunch form must be filled out and returned each year.
A wonderful Labor Day weekend to all!!!
Monday, August 29, 2016 8:59:00 PM
Dear Westhill High School Family Member:
The 2016-2017 school year is upon us. I hope you had a summer filled with fun and relaxation and are looking eagerly ahead to our new school year.
Our summer has been very productive and we will surely be ready to welcome back all students. Ninth grade orientation will take place on August 31 – we will follow an early release schedule 7:25-11:30am. All students will report on September 1 – 7:25am -2:05pm. Once again, please take note of this and plan accordingly. All grade levels will meet for Periods 1-7 on September 1 and September 2 in an abbreviated schedule after a short orientation in student’s homeroom. Dismissal again is 2:05 pm. Lunch service will be available.
- Telephone Number and Address Changes: Parents must inform the school immediately of any changes of address or telephone numbers. The school needs this information not only for routine communications but also for communication of emergency details. Students for whom we do not have a valid address will not receive their schedule on the first day of school.
- Telephone Calls to Parents: The school has an automated telephone machine, programmed daily to leave messages at the homes of students who were absent from one or more classes. Calls are made during the evening. Messages of importance are also sent home via our Parent Link System. I urge you to listen to these communications carefully.
- School Buses: The bus stop and travel on the school bus are an extension of Westhill High School. Any violation of school policy at or in these areas will be disciplined appropriately. Bus information will be printed in The Advocate late August.
- PLEASE SEND COMPLETED EMERGENCY CARDS TO SCHOOL ON SEPTEMBER 2. YOUR STUDENT’S HOMEROOM TEACHER WILL COLLECT THEM. IT IS IMPORTANT TO HAVE UPDATED EMERGENCY CARDS FOR EACH STUDENT.
- PLEASE RETURN THE SIGNED ACCEPTABLE USE AGREEMENT FORM.
- A reminder – by now, all 9th grade students should have submitted current health physicals to the nurse and verified their addresses (re-registration) in the Main Office at Westhill High School.
- SUMMER READING: A summer reading assignment was made available on www.westhillweb.com. All students had an English assignment and some had additional summer work for some Advanced Placement courses. All English classes will begin with assignments based on this summer reading, so it is imperative that it be done.
If your son or daughter will not be attending Westhill High School, please notify us immediately by calling the Data Processing Office at 977-4067.
I am looking forward to seeing you soon!